Here is a short summary of changes from R70-based courses.
- Better info about CoreXL
- IPS chapter removed (pushed to Expert course)
- Reporter chapter removed (pushed to Expert course)
- Check Point MGMT DB files better reviewed then before
- IPS chapter added (was on CCSA with R70)
- Reporter chapter added (same as above)
- SmartEvent chapter added
- DLP chapter added (expected)
- Troubleshooting and Debugging supplement chapter added (not expected)
To summarize, CCSA gets lighter and CCSE - heavier then before. It is strange that Check Point continues to recommend same amount of days for both courses as before: 4 to five days per course.
As for the exams, there is no information yet, but I would expect them to be changed in the same manner.
I am particulate interested about troubleshooting and debugging questions on CCSE R71 exam. If they are there, it is not so great. Personally I think these subjects to be overkill on CCSE with is already overweight with the new blades.